any value in using both anti-fatigue and foam board together? assembling on stone patio

michelegel

Bronze Supporter
Sep 9, 2015
Mamaroneck, NY
Hello lovely TFP folks,

I'm taking a risk by putting my bestway 18 x 9 x 48 on my stone patio for the summer. taking down in the fall. Patio is level, so I don't want to muck with it.

I thought I would do following:

gorilla pad
foam board
anti-fatigue mat
all tapped with gorilla tape.

My thinking is that any pressure point on one of the seams would get mitigated by the layer above/below.

Thoughts?

Should I skip the gorilla pad or move it to top layer?

Many thanks as always!

The weight of the pool itself will bear down "evenly" (assuming level from side to side/front to back). But I would be concerned if the legs are on the edge of stones?

Could you share a picture?

don't have anything set yet, so not sure how helpful...IMG_3574 (1).JPGbut my plan is to use 2x12 pressure treated lumber for under the legs - I also see that some people just put the legs on the foam. (legs are u- bars, so no a single pole for pressure).

So based on that picture (yes it's helpful, I assumed you didn't have anything placed yet) Are the stones flush with each other, or are there edges? (they don't appear flush, but photos can't always tell the whole story)

Seems a little overkill to me, but you can certainly use all of that. The anti fatigue mats and the foam do the same thing, which is give you a nice cushion for your feet and protect the liner. The gorilla pad will also protect the liner. I'd probably save myself some money and time and choose either the foam or mats, but not both, and then use the gorilla pad if you want a little extra. I really don't know if the gorilla pad is useful in this set up since you'll have the foam or mats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.