Any reason why one jet in my Spa has air bubbles always on?

santacruzpool

Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2015
Santa Cruz, CA
I have a single foot well jet in my 3 person tub that has a dedicated air line running to it that is always open - so it always bubbles. The 3/8" hose is screwed to the side of one of the 2x4's and if I plug the end with my finger it will stop the bubbles.

Seems like a bad idea always having aeration going on - which helps to drive the PH higher. Anyone have any ideas why it is designed this way?

One of my air manifolds has an extra unused 3/8" tube that I could splice to so that I have actual air control over all the jets...

Monty,

Most hot tubs do not have air lines that are under pressure.. Basically they operate when water passes through the jet fitting which causes a low pressure suction on the air line.. If you set the air valve off, then no air can get in the air manifold so no bubbles out the jet...

If the line going to your foot well is connected to a water jet, then I can't see any reason that your idea won't work.. On the other hand, if the only thing going to your foot well is just the air line, then you would need to discover where that air is coming from.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim - there is a 3/4" water line that feeds the foot well jet, plus the 3/8" air line that is open at all times...

The 3/4" water line is before the diverter valve, so it feeds the foot well anytime the pump is running, probably for good circulation.

I wonder if this was where an optional ozone generator would hook up? That option is available for my spa if ordered from the factory that way.

I have observed that the air line doesn't suck enough air to bubble if the pump is on low speed and the diverter valve is sitting around half way to allow water flow to all of the spa seats. This means that in the normal unused operation I am not getting bubbles when it is heating, filtering, or in any of the low speed modes. It just sucks enough air to add bubbles at the higher jet speed, or if the diverter is switched to one side of the spa - which would only be when you are in the spa, or if I am testing it.

For now I don't think I will connect the air line to my air manifold. I have the parts on hand to do it if I want to.

I am thinking of adding a couple of jet bodies to the tub, and having an air line available might be nice to use for one of the jet bodies...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.