Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi! I am wanting to put 2 microbrite in the main part of my 14x32 pool and one in sunshelf. I will call Pentair to see if they can be of any help but wanted to see if anyone thinks what I have will be enough. I can't add any more due to budget either. Want them to swap out the globrites for microbrites. Do you have any pictures of similar size and was 2 enough? Or similar pool layout with 3?

Attachments

• 20210215_145608.jpg
    20210215_145608.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 24
I have three in my 30' long pool and would say that is about the right number. For your pool, while it is 32 total length, it looks like you are trying to get away with two lights in 26 feet, not 32, right? One light in the center of the sun shelf, then another two in that 26 foot span. You might be able to pull that off if you don't mind risking some dark spots. It may be "enough". For an example, here is my pool with three microbrites. I think they are spaced about 7.5 feet apart. If you did two lights in the "main" part of the pool, my guess is they would end up being about 8.5 feet apart.

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

Reactions: ckinchen
Thanks @YippeeSkippy and @gingrbredman! Yes, more concerned on the 26 ft area. And I think I am ok with a little dark spots. I have never owned a pool so I really don't know what it means, but my choices are globrite with proprietary niche which ai don't want or microbrites. No more room in budget to add another light. But from your posts it seems like it will be ok! Thank you for the pics! If anyone has a 26ft with 2 lights I guess they would know for sure.

I am going to guess that @TexasRain lights are about 10' apart in that picture. That pool does look very nice, and would also want to show that off! Not sure of how exactly they spaced the lights, but if they spaced them evenly, over 40', and three lights, that would be about 10' apart.

In that photo above, it would appear as if there is a "shadow" between the second light and the third light (if we are going top to bottom on that picture). But taking pictures at night, with a phone, with a lighted pool tends to leave an optical illusion in the picture, and am guessing in real life, there is not such a dark spot in between those lights. You can see the tiles at the bottom, and the back ledge, so guessing this lights up quite nicely at night.

@gingrbredman You bring up a great point about spacing. Looking at my diagram it looks like for the 26 ft part they have it 7ft from each end, so 7ft from top of pool and 7ft from bottom, which means there is a 10ft distance in space in middle. I wonder if I should ask them to change to 8ft so center is center is 10. What do you think?
@TexasRain Do you feel your lights at 10ft apart work well? Or do you see dark spots. If so I definitely need to change so I don't have a 12ft distance between lights.

I am going to guess that @TexasRain lights are about 10' apart in that picture. That pool does look very nice, and would also want to show that off! Not sure of how exactly they spaced the lights, but if they spaced them evenly, over 40', and three lights, that would be about 10' apart.

In that photo above, it would appear as if there is a "shadow" between the second light and the third light (if we are going top to bottom on that picture). But taking pictures at night, with a phone, with a lighted pool tends to leave an optical illusion in the picture, and am guessing in real life, there is not such a dark spot in between those lights. You can see the tiles at the bottom, and the back ledge, so guessing this lights up quite nicely at night.
I think they are 10' apart. I will take more pictures once it warms up. This is the first time I have turned them on, I don't have the ET set up yet to control, should get that all working and figured out next week! It was cold so I turned them on, took the pic then turned them off and went back inside!!! Texas does not like snow! They use sand on the iced roads because we use up all the salt for our margaritas! 🤣

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Aww @TexasRain you were so sweet to get the picture yesterday in cold. It is all over the news how cold it is in Texas, I am happy we did not get snow. If Florida ever got snow we would do the same thing, drink! Actually when we have hurricanes that is what we do. Our grocery and liquor stores get wiped clean of alcohol for our "Hurricane Parties". Stay safe and warm! Its cold in Florida today because of all the cold weather across the country so I can only imagine how cold it is.

Reactions: TexasRain
I wonder if I should ask them to change to 8ft so center is center is 10. What do you think?

I would have them spaced evenly along the wall in that section like TexasRain has them. Take the 26' section, divide by 3 and you get about 8.5 feet (8.66 to be exact).
So 8.6 feet from the shelf you would have the first light, then have an 8.6 space, another light, then 8.6 space towards the end of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.