Any help James W, AZrob.. pool light

beachinmoney

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Buckeye, AZ
Well obviously my light is back in the pool. New gasket and new brass bolt. The other was pretty much stripped and hard to get in and out.

So my question is, there has to be a way to upgrade this without putting a whole new fixture in. I googled it but unable to find anything yet. The water damage just rendered my color change wheel to stop working. I don't think want to start buying those prices before finding out if there isn't some sort of item to upgrade. Thanks in advance.

I found this. Picture attached. I guess it just doesn't make sense that I have to run all new wiring etc when there's already wiring in there. Although nothing about this house or pool has been normal!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190616_190607_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616_190607_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 24
I found this. Picture attached. I guess it just doesn't make sense that I have to run all new wiring etc when there's already wiring in there. Although nothing about this house or pool has been normal!!!

If you do decide to replace the whole light, you MUST pull all new wire. You CANNOT splice wires in the conduit.
Make sure you get the correct wire length if you do replace, they come in 50ft, 100ft, and 150ft.

I think you had a SAM light right? If so then:

Yeah, I saw that one too. I will go back and read because I was confused about something. I was just hoping that underneath all the stuff in my light there would be a regular light bulb plug!!! Is this 'SAM light good? I mean aside from the motor dying? How do I know for sure that I need a new color wheel motor? It's not working so I guess that's how? And the little light bulbs, they don't make those in LED?

Okay, I read everything. I guess I was just wanting something more reasonably priced. Once I do this though then I can put any led light I. Correct? Has anyone done this?

Thanks, very much

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why wouldn't I just do this instead of spend $260 on the Florida outfits light? Pentair 78448100 Amerlite Underwater Incandescent Pool Light with Stainless Steel Face Ring, 120 Volt, 50 Foot Cord, 400 Watt

I read about it and it's not hard to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.