1. Before pouring sand into filter, look inside and check internal assembly for broken or loose laterals. Replace if necessary.
2. To eliminate stress on laterals fill tank half-full of water before loadin sand.
3. When full, top of sand bed should be about XXXXX.
4. Wash all sand and dirt away from rim/cord ring sealing area.
5. Assemble filter according to instructions.
The tricky part is in step 3. The measurement for proper sand height is different for every filter and I don't know what it should be for yours.