Any experience with EasyCare ScaleTec Plus?

Jacquelyn1215

Jun 1, 2021
Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We opened our brand new pool mid-March and had a slightly rocky start (took ~month to uncover the cause of a leak so fresh water was constantly being added, pH was consistently high, went thru 2 pool companies but now proudly maintaining on our own thanks to TFP). In the past month or so, our plaster has gotten very "blotchy" in appearance. In the photos below, you can especially see this on the sun deck, however, it's persistent throughout the pool. We have NPT PolishedScapes in Silver Reef. I reached out to our plaster company who in turn reached out to NPT who directed us to "add 1 qt Scale Tech per 10K gallons. Brush with combo brush if possible twice a day for 10 days. Clean filter Wait about 3-5 days and see what results you got." They said continue to maintain the pool during this time (i.e. adding muriatic acid as needed for pH).

Has anyone had any experience with this de-scaler and/or is there anything else we should be aware of?

Attachments

• IMG_7937 2.JPG
    IMG_7937 2.JPG
    843.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7936 2.JPG
    IMG_7936 2.JPG
    623.7 KB · Views: 11
My only pre-TFP experience with Scale-Tec was that it removed money from my wallet. :brickwall: That was about it. Reading reviews some people seem to give it high marks, but I don't really understand why. Your blotchy areas look to be more related to the application process more than anything. But we can ask one of our plaster experts @onBalance for his opinion next time he hops online.

I should also reiterate that posting a full set of water test results from your TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit would be quite valuable as we try to assess your situation.

FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Reactions: Stump
My only pre-TFP experience with Scale-Tec was that it removed money from my wallet. :brickwall: That was about it. Reading reviews some people seem to give it high marks, but I don't really understand why. Your blotchy areas look to be more related to the application process more than anything. But we can ask one of our plaster experts @onBalance for his opinion next time he hops online.

I should also reiterate that posting a full set of water test results from your TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit would be quite valuable as we try to assess your situation.

FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH
We'll give it a go... 🤞 It's interesting; our neighbors just up the street have the exact same problem. 🤔 Their pool was opened almost a year before ours.

Anyway, here are our latest tests:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 9.48.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 9.48.49 AM.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 6
Did the plastering company do an acid treatment prior to filling the pool or after it was full?
When did the blotchy areas first appear?

I am not sure what has happen to this pool, but perhaps you should read this post:

Did the plastering company do an acid treatment prior to filling the pool or after it was full?
When did the blotchy areas first appear?
The acid treatment was prior to filling. Hard to pinpoint when the blotchy areas first appeared. I remember feeling like it was looking blotchy on the sundeck initially and mentioning it to my husband and he thought it had looked that way all along (but he also didn't see any issue with it 🤦‍♀️). It definitely started creeping up this summer and we spent ~3 weeks away at the end of July and into mid-August, and when we got back it was very evident - perhaps got more pronounced during that time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.