Any downsides of running a fountain 24/7?

AviatorBimmer

Mar 29, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I want to hook up one of those "fountains" that you connect to one of the return jets, just so we can enjoy the sound of trickling water but since I run my VS pump 24/7, I'm afraid it would affect my alkalinity and pH.

Am I correct? Will running a fountain have an effect on the pool chemistry since I would be basically aerating my pool 24/7?

Before anyone starts to get into why am I running my pump 24/7, please don't go there.

I just want to know how it would affect my pool chemistry and whether having the sound we are seeking to have just too much hassle.

Thanks in advance!

Yes aeration will affect your chemistry and drive your pH up and reduce your TA when you add acid to adjust your pH down. Some owners with high TA use fountains and acid to lower their TA levels but only as needed. Running a fountain 24/7 will become an issue for you.

Reactions: AviatorBimmer
Yes aeration will affect your chemistry and drive your pH up and reduce your TA when you add acid to adjust your pH down. Some owners with high TA use fountains and acid to lower their TA levels but only as needed. Running a fountain 24/7 will become an issue for you.

Aeration increases pH and no affect to TA. However to lower pH you will add MA and that will lower TA.

Dang, just what I thought. I guess I would be better off with playing fountain sounds through my Homepod speaker. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.