Antioch, California

We ended up with a cobalt blue. We had the choice of a greenish one, an off white one, one with tan and one called Cobalt blue. We were told to go with the Cobalt if we wanted the blue-est looking water. They said your sight line of the tiles will tend to reflect onto the water surface so it wasn't really a choice for us. It actually ended up looking really good in our eyes as the blue tile ended up having a lot more blue as they were side by side and it was a nice contrast to the lighter color cool deck. The middle tile here should be the cobalt blue.

Attachments

• CIMG1608.JPG
    CIMG1608.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 109

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are two night shots tonight. Unfortunately my camera skills and the way they turned out are not real good. The second shot I took was looking down into the deep end. It sort of looks dimmer than in reality. The first shot I took was to give you a wide shot but it made it look green when in reality it looks more like a light blue. The lights have lenses that we clip on and the blue lens makes the pool look more like its true "day" color. I pulled them off for the winter so you're seeing just white lights. There is also a red and green lens cover(s) but we rarely use them. For parties we just left the blue on and it looked great. The kids like to play with half red and half blue or green to make it spooky, etc. For what it's worth, I'm glad we added the 2nd light because it would have been dark on part of it had we not. I'd also make sure both lights are going to project around stairs, etc the way the electrician positions them. I could have tweaked mine had I understood the beams but at least it covered 98% of everything. Something I do like that they did was to place the lights on the house side of the pool so the lights are not shining in the direction of the home rather away from it. This allows us to see everyone/everything clearly at night.

Attachments

• Night shot.jpg
    Night shot.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Night shot 2.jpg
    Night shot 2.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 103
I was out at the pool today around 4pm and noticed that it was a good angle to see the different shades of our pool color from top to bottom as it got deeper and I tried to snap 3 shots to share it. Unfortunately I need to start a new thread to share them because I've exceeded my allotment on this one. Rather than do that, if you're interested shoot me a PM and I'll just email them directly so I don't violate any rules on here.

Paul