Another year of good Start-up - Thanks to TFP

akd

Silver Supporter
May 24, 2017
Westford
I'm on my 2nd year following TFP and closed the pool myself last year and opened to not a bad one but cloudy water which I was expecting. Ran the tests and SLAM'd it for 3 days and ended up with this..Thanks to TFP..

I however need help with finding a replacement for the fiberstars sideglow rope lights track which has been failing. If I can't find the replacement tracks, I need to remove them. Is there any specific tool to get the tracks off the ridge? The remaining track seems to be wedged deep in the wall and I'm afraid, I won't be able to pull them out in one piece since the tracks are all brittle and hence breaking off.

No help on the lights but great that the TFP methods are working well for you!

Lets see if this bump helps you out on the lights.

I was in a pool last year that had LED rope lights around it. Not sure how safe it was but they worked and I lived to tell you about it! Take a better pic of that track if you can and post. BTW We have that same sign on our gate to the pool.
Another year of easy opening for me too!

Might this be what you're looking for? Fiberstars 50' White Track - TRKOVW50 - INYOPools.com
From reading it looks like it's installed with two sided tape. There's another brand that installs into a sawcut. Not sure how you'd remove if it's installed as recommended with a bead of caulk.

Last edited:
I was in a pool last year that had LED rope lights around it. Not sure how safe it was but they worked and I lived to tell you about it! Take a better pic of that track if you can and post. BTW We have that same sign on our gate to the pool.
Another year of easy opening for me too!

Might this be what you're looking for? Fiberstars 50' White Track - TRKOVW50 - INYOPools.com
From reading it looks like it's installed with two sided tape. There's another brand that installs into a sawcut. Not sure how you'd remove if it's installed as recommended with a bead of caulk.
Thanks a lot for the reference. I did check that on inyopools. But it's hard to find the exact track as they come in all sizes depending on the number of fiber strands in the rope. I finally gave up and ripped off the rope today since I don't think I'll be able to get the track before the official pool opening day this weekend and not have this as a trip hazard with kids running around. Just snipped off the rope where it comes off the deck and ripped off the entire length. The tracks were so old and brittle that it broke into tiny pieces. I've to break off the rest of the pieces around and vacuum the pool a few times to make sure I get all the pieces.

Those posters gets a giggle with the little ones. I also plan on getting the Don't Duck Pool Rules.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.