Camarillo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Pepperdinegal's thread in this forum about spillover got me motivated to figure out how to control spillover in my situation, which I've been meaning to do for awhile. I've attached photos showing my return plumbing. One pipe that descends into the concrete goes to the spa, and the other goes to the pool. There's a pipe connecting the two descending pipes with a check valve in the middle. This check valve allows water to flow to the spa and prevents water from back-flowing from the spa to the pool when the pump is off. The way this is set up, there's no way to only send return water to the pool, some water must always go to the spa when the pump is running. To be able to control the spillover, could I just replace the check valve with some kind of blocking device in the check valve assembly? It would be a tight fit for a manual valve under the pipe from the heater, but if there was space, will a manual valve fit in the housing holding the check valve? Any other suggestions on how best to control spillover in my circumstance?

poolreturn1.jpgpoolreturn2.jpg

Attachments

• poolreturn.jpg
    poolreturn.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 8

You can just replace the check valve guts with diverter valve guts.. The body should be the same.

There should have been a 2-way valve and a check valve in that "make-up" line..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.