Another pool north of Dallas

Thankfully there wasn't as much ice on the trees as I had expected. Our 2010 or 2008 ice storm up here damaged every single tree there was in our little suburb. Yours seem to be bending real just about as much. Hopefully you didn't loss power. I am surprised that we haven't heard more about power outages there.

Your pool though looks absolutely amazing.

Bob E.

We were lucky - had two big limbs on the oak tree out front and one on the maple near the pool break but feel pretty happy it wasn't worse. Power stayed on thankfully! The bonus was one of the neighbors had a tree service here this morning taking care of theirs and for $30 they cut outs and hauled them away!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our pool build has run into a weather delay too. No ice like you, just rain. They started back up this week. As a son of a plastering contractor you don’t want the plaster to freeze before it is cured, it will just fall of the side of the pool. The same thing is true with heat if it is to hot and you don’t water the plaster properly the plaster will flash dry and fall off. I see the leaves from you tree already. Looks like you will have fun skimming the leaves out of your pool during the fall. I love your coping and tile work it looks awesome. I hope mine looks as good as yours does.

Thanks Mark - yes we've been delayed almost two weeks due to the weather. As I said on Ken's post, at this point I can wait in the plaster - the last thing I want to do is be out there brushing it in the cold but I do want the war zone that use to be my yard cleaned up and the fence reset ASAP! Mr. PB indicates that should be done this week. We can't do any swimming now anyway and definitely don't want plaster falling off! Good luck with yours!

Mark- the leaves will be a challenge for sure! We just didn't have the heart to take it out since it's on the west side and does provide some shade on the house from the sun and privacy from the two story houses on that side. I'm sure we will be cursing it next fall, but I'm hoping I can use it as my arm workout instead of paying for a gym!! Luckily we only lost one branch from in the ice storm and one on the oak tree in the front, lots of neighbors lost their entire trees.

He said the clean up crew wants their material to have one more day to dry out...like I said, I'm not too worried about the plaster and filling it, can't swim anyway but the yard is a disaster area and it's difficult with the dogs because it's such a mess and the fence is down.

I know that feeling. I have guys doing brick work around the house (a long story...) and my gate is open and everything is muddy from the ice, rain, and the work they are doing. Dogs are tracking in mud, and get restless during the day because they can't go outside.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.