Another new pool owner and a new headache

jd1987

May 16, 2020
Southern Indiana
We got a new pool last fall and trying to open it. I’m waiting on my tf-100 so rested my water with the local pool supplier. Added the corresponding chemicals last night and rechecked it today and all went to Crud pretty quick. I posted my “new pool supplier test” results on the app and don’t really know if there is a good sequence or starting point. Here are my current “pool supplier levels”:
FC13.9
TA220
CYA2
PH8.6+
CH286
The app suggested I add muranic acid per the specific active ingredient I have on hand. Before I do anything else I wanted to hear any suggestions. Yesterday I added stabilizer in a sock infront of my jet, recommended was 4lbs but only added 2. They recommended 4 gal of chlorine I only added 3. They recommended 2qt or muranic acid, I added 1 qt. All of this was added yesterday prior to my test results today. My current pool status is pump running for circulation on high and no cover on it. Wasn’t sure if the chlorine levels would harm the cover any. Filter is pretty clean with maybe 20hrs of run time on it as of right now, and most of which had a filter sock on the skimmer basket to catch the bulk of debris. Water is clear and floor and walls are clean.A94865F6-68F9-47D3-A8BD-2CA1EEAD9CBC.png

Welcome to the forum!
I suggest you add 3 ppm worth of liquid chlorine each evening with the pump running until you get your test kit. Post up your test results once you get the kit.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.