Another Hayward SWCG question

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
I think I need to stop helping people out. I swapped out a salt cell for a friend. I was able to tell the hayward aquapure that it now had a new t-9 installed. I got the salt level in the pool to exactly where I wanted it but the aquapure kept turning on and off and reading the wrong salt. I tried to recalibrate / reset the reading. Only on a couple of occasions could I get it to count down the digits but it did it so fast that I didn't have time to flick the switch to super and back to on again.

Here's the diag numbers if anyone can take anything from them

t-9
r-158
al-2
30p
15.2 (climbing)

Thanks as always!

...and I did! I was telling a retired neighbor my woes and he informed me that he used to be an electrical engineer and still had his tools! I ordred the thermister on next day prime and the two pack arrived out. My neighbor soldered the piece in and it's working away!

Thanks to the TFP experts!

Just one question James,

Were you able to tell from the diagnostic results that I posted above that the thermistor had failed?

I wonder what the chances would be of it failing again and why it fails. It is in direct sunlight all the time and we are quiet prone to thunder storms and power cuts here in swfl.

I recall many years ago when I had hair, that the EU had made some kind of mandate that lead free solder had to be used in printed circuit boards. If you were unfortunate enough to have bought a pretty high end laptop circa 2006, there was a very good chance that you would have a failed graphics card in no time because the heat generated from the GPU would lift the unit off the board and cause a fail. Indeed there were many rouge sellers on craiglist selling laptops that had been reflowed. It was a skill that involved heating the underside of the board up (with a hair dryer) and pushing the gpu down so that it would work again just before selling it! I wonder was lead free solder used in the Hayward boards?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.