Another from Downunder with a blow up!

You invested in a ford pinto, and then found a corvette dirt cheap. :) Does the pool not have the push-pull type valves at the pool? If not, take the filter out and put the top back on quickly so you don't lose too much water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that but with the water rushing out, the O Ring won't seat properly for me to close it up.

Awesome comparison by the way! :):):)

Does the o-ring fit in a lip around the lid? Unless you have a bottle of liquid nitrogen laying around for some reason to freeze a section of the pipe, you could have someone hold a bucket lid or something else flat on top of the canister after you take the lid off. Then put a bead of o-ring lubricant on the lid to hold the o-ring while you put the lid back on. Just a thought.

I had that same pool last year, uneven ground and all. Mine came with two blue rubber plugs to put in the suction and return lines from inside the pool to stop the flow of water. They cleaning/replacing the filer easy with minimal water loss. Welcome to the forum! This place has a wealth of knowledge from people willing to help guide you.

Does the o-ring fit in a lip around the lid? Unless you have a bottle of liquid nitrogen laying around for some reason to freeze a section of the pipe, you could have someone hold a bucket lid or something else flat on top of the canister after you take the lid off. Then put a bead of o-ring lubricant on the lid to hold the o-ring while you put the lid back on. Just a thought.

From memory I checked for a lip inside the lid but no such luck. I may investigate a tap (nor sure if that's the right terminology for it) system of some sort. At least then I'll be satisfied that I have created some sort of 'mod' for my pool. :)

Actually just noticed in the manual that it mentions using hats plugs inside the pool on the inside of the inlet and strainer grid. The ones that came with the pool don't actually fit though and the new pump wasn't supplied with them despite showing them in the picture.

I had that same pool last year, uneven ground and all. Mine came with two blue rubber plugs to put in the suction and return lines from inside the pool to stop the flow of water. They cleaning/replacing the filer easy with minimal water loss. Welcome to the forum! This place has a wealth of knowledge from people willing to help guide you.

Hi there!

Was typing the last post and noticed we just mentions the same thing. :)

Unfortunately they don't fit on the new fittings.

If your hoses are long enough, lift the pump up and set it on something slightly higher than the returns, then take the lid off. Putting it back on before setting it back on the ground, of course. (I used to set mine on the top edge of the pool) a chair or ladder or something will work,too. That's what I did when I had that type of pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bwahahaha!!! Enjoy the journey. We started out with a little blue pool with the blow up top ring. That was several years ago, before I found this site. It was a horrible mess. If I had known about this site we would've thoroughly enjoyed that pool. Last year we bought a house with an inground pool, and I am able to enjoy it since I found this site.

Hi Megawatty, this forum is super helpful - as you've found out lol. Is your pool completely full to overflowing now with all the rain you've been getting up there? I've got a 4.2 mtr Bestway fast set pool and love it - you can send some of that rain over here if you like ;)

Hi Megawatty, this forum is super helpful - as you've found out lol. Is your pool completely full to overflowing now with all the rain you've been getting up there? I've got a 4.2 mtr Bestway fast set pool and love it - you can send some of that rain over here if you like ;)

Hahaha. Yes. 8 inches of rain in about 14 hours! Luckily I had an Oztrail gazebo over it or else I would've been refilling it from scratch today.

I knew that as soon as I realised that these pools could be semi-permanent and got got it semi-semi-permanently set up that there would be rain!

So far so good with the 'Baqua' setup but I'm very keen to try and get this amazing sparkling water that all of the members here talk of.

Whereabouts are you needing this rain?

Just thought I'd update on the water. It went a bit cloudy last week so I looked to the pump and filter cartridge as the possible offender.

I threw a stocking over the cartridge and the water was clear again within a day or two.

I went out to check the progress today and noticed a large decrease in flow. Checking the cartridge, I was greeted with this!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422666492.289336.jpg

I guess it's doing a good job!