Another dumb question...

Desire5292

Apr 30, 2019
Sylvan Springs, Alabama
Lol, so I'm very new to doing things the TFP way (and pretty new to having a pool at all). I've read a ton and now I'm trying to SLAM my pool (after some instructions I was given on a different thread). I have a couple questions I couldn't find the answers to. First of all, how do I add chlorine? It's 12.5% liquid chlorine. So far I've just poured it in front of the jet but wanted to make sure that's okay. And when should I backwash my sand filter? Thanks!

You're doing good on the chlorine....pour slowly in front of the return jet and let the pump run 20-30 minutes afterwards.

For the filter, you should backwash when your pump pressure increases 25% from your clean baseline pressure. For example, if your pump pressure is 10 lbs. after backwashing, it's time to do it again when you get to about 13 lbs.

Best of luck on the SLAM and don't hesitate to post questions.

You're doing good on the chlorine....pour slowly in front of the return jet and let the pump run 20-30 minutes afterwards.

Desire...

Looking back on my post, I probably should have mentioned that since your in the middle of a SLAM, you should continue to run your pump until the SLAM process is complete. The 20-30 minute run time is for daily (non-SLAM) additions. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: blazer58
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.