Rocky Mount/Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
So, every year, I have this carpet of sticks, leaves pollen and silt that made it through my winter safety cover and is on the bottom of an otherwise clear pool. I usually try to vacuum this to waste so it doesn't put junk I don't need in my sand filter. The problem is I usually run too low on water before I get it all cleaned and lose water pressure, then have to either wait for a good rain, or fill with the garden hose. I've always wanted a way to reclaim that water minus the organic material.

My project idea is to run a pvc hard line from the sand filter waste port to a plastic rain barrel about 1/4 full of gravel and sand. I will drill and tap a drain port a couple inches above the sand line that will drain the water back to the pool. I'm hoping the debris will be filtered by the makeshift sand filter and filterable water will be retained in the pool.

What do you think? And I'll go ahead and leave this here myself. :nopic:

An inline leaf canister is probably less work.
meatloaf-VacLeafCanister.jpg

Fits in the vacuum line and stops stuff long before it even gets to the skimmer. Not too expensive, either Custom Molded Products CMP Leaf Canister - 58309000000 - INYOPools.com

I'm talking about a lot of material. I'd be emptying that every minute I believe. I guess my skimmer and the catch basket behind the diverter valve would catch most of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.