another ahh-some shootout -- SpaGuard and EcoOne

dlleno

Sep 9, 2016
denver, CO
Greetings all,

in case you are interested in my work over the last few years, I have just completed another purge shootout, comparing two "new" (to me) products to ahh-some. The first, is produced by SpaGuard, ("System Flush") which really isn't intended to release biofilms but i tested it anyway because I have confidence in the BioGuard/SpaGuard brand for other products The second is produced by "EcoOne", called "PIPE CLEANER", which DOES claim to scrub biofilms.

Neither of these products do anything as far as releasing biofilms is concerned and their formulations reflect that performance. To test this, I first purged with System Flush and got a small amount of discolored suds. I then drained, filled, and dosed with PIPE CLEANER, and got a small release of oils but nothing that looked like biofilms to me anyway. I then drained, filled, and dosed with HALF the recommended dose of ahh-some and got a real biofilm release (well I didn't test for biofilms -- that is very expensive. I just know that ahh-some attacks the fat layer of biofilms and is EPA registered to kill them, so I have grown familiar with the distinctive nature of what ahh-some releases, and believe - without explicit proof - that the material is in fact, biofilm ).

Details of my experiment here

"death to biofilms!" :)
"no you dont' want healthy water you want DEAD water" :)

Reactions: tillmac62
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.