Annual equipment maintenance or check up?

Georgetv

May 4, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have Hayward OmniLogic with Hayward pumps and filter. 4 years old. Basically runs ok but you never know. I do get frequent water flow sensor alerts that later clear. I am curious what kind of maintenance check up should I get from a Pool repair professional? I want to keep the equipment in top shape. Thanks

George, overall pool and equipment maintenance occurs more than just annually. Perhaps the two most common items that require checking are chemical levels (daily, weekly, etc) and skimmer/filters. The pool side skimmer, pump basket, and main filter itself all collect debris and can eventually result is reduced water flow. The pressure gauge on your filter increasing by about 25% should be a good indicator of when to clean the main filter. If you have a salt generator, then you might need to check/clean the cell of scale. But those are probably the biggest items of interest. Did you have other specific areas you were concerned with?

George, overall pool and equipment maintenance occurs more than just annually. Perhaps the two most common items that require checking are chemical levels (daily, weekly, etc) and skimmer/filters. The pool side skimmer, pump basket, and main filter itself all collect debris and can eventually result is reduced water flow. The pressure gauge on your filter increasing by about 25% should be a good indicator of when to clean the main filter. If you have a salt generator, then you might need to check/clean the cell of scale. But those are probably the biggest items of interest. Did you have other specific areas you were concerned with?
oh i have weekly cleaning and chemical service. and he just cleaned the main filter. i was curious about the machinery part -- pumps efficiency, valves... the only alerts i get occasionally are water flow and cold t cell temp when its below 50. more for a preventative thing i guess... i do have weekly service.

i do have weekly service.
That should be adequate then. Any pool tech who visits "should" be looking out for any obvious problems like a water leak, high filter pressure, water changes, etc. Anything observed out of the ordinary would of course be a separate charge unless you are a DIY kind of person. Occasionally we need to re-lube the O-rings on things like around a filter housing, 3-way valve, or the clear lid to the pump basket/pot. Pool silicone is best for those. But any tech who opens those items "should" be adding fresh lube as well.

That should be adequate then. Any pool tech who visits "should" be looking out for any obvious problems like a water leak, high filter pressure, water changes, etc. Anything observed out of the ordinary would of course be a separate charge unless you are a DIY kind of person. Occasionally we need to re-lube the O-rings on things like around a filter housing, 3-way valve, or the clear lid to the pump basket/pot. Pool silicone is best for those. But any tech who opens those items "should" be adding fresh lube as well.
Thanks so much!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.