Annoying bugs....

Floating In

Apr 8, 2021
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Less than a year with new house with first time pool . Have followed TFP advice and forums regularly to great success - and appreciate everyone's thoughtful input.

Pool was chem loaded when I first bought house (super high CYA and high Chlorine from prior owners use of chlorine tabs). Drained pool in April to clear high CYA and other stuff and has been pretty happy swimming in clear water since....following testing protocol, etc. Have been able to manage everything using primarily using liquid chlorine and muriatic acid to lower ph when it has creeped up - with much credit due to this forum for keeping things simple.

I live in what is usually a super dry area, but we have had the wettest/biggest monsoon summer in the time I have lived here (15+ years) - which has caused an explosion of every kind of bug. Unfortunately, some of these guys (pic below) are running around top of the tile right by the water line of my pool. They also seem to like to hang out on the natural decorative rock fixtures/waterfall.

As of this AM after adding a good amount of liq Chlor to boost FC last night, and then some muriatic acid this morning to bring PH back down a bit (went up to 7.8 from Chlor boost).

CYA = 55
FC = 5
ALK = 50 (i know a bit low)
CH = 300
PH = 7.3

Any thoughts on best way to take care of bugs?

1632162009185.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.