Animal Poop in pool

batesjer

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 26, 2019
East Lansing michigan
Woke up this morning to find that a deer must have gone for a late night swim and evacuated in my pool. My CYA is at 70-80 and FC was 9.0 last night. I cleaned up the mess as best I could but the majority of the pellets fell apart as I was scooping. Anyone have any recommendations as far as level of caution and if I should raise FC to slam levels for a 24 hour period? My instinct is to keep the family out of the pool and slam. And I'm fairly confident it was a deer since they frequent our yard, the size of the scat was about what I'd expect, and it was spread throughout the pool.

I would not panic. If you would like to raise your FC a bit that is fine. But no reason to stay out of the pool.

Are you sure? Several years ago my dog went in our pool and I looked into it and raising the chlorine level doesn't necessarily make it safe.

Here is the post - I think we kept it high for a day and went swimming and nothing happened but i think it's worth knowing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.