Ancient diving board ID needed

TCpoolnoob

Apr 27, 2015
Richland WA
Our old diving board finally broke in half yesterday and I'm looking for a replacement. It's a 6 ft model with 1 coil spring for bounce. Overall, we were real happy with the amount of spring it provided and would like to stay with this setup if possible.

The closest match I have found online is the "Baja" made by interfab. It looks like the new model has 2 coil springs rather than the 1 our old board has.

Does anyone know where I can find a 6ft diving board pre drilled for my existing setup?

The 2 spring hardware alone is roughly $350.00 plus the cost of the board and I'd prefer to stick with our 1 spring setup.

My concern about the board being pre drilled for my setup comes from examining my broken board. It's clear water had leaked from the topside, through the bolt hole for the spring, and rotted the wood.

I'm hoping a pre drilled option might be sealed from the factory to avoid that issue?

I welcome your thoughts on which route to take and where to purchase a new board.

Honestly, I think you're better off finding a brand new board setup and going with that over working with this setup. I don't feel optimistic about you finding another one to match that but I could be wrong. The new boards with leaf springs are quite good, and very springy, especially if you go with an 8 footer. Just my 2 pennies...

Please tell me no one got hurt on that....it looks awful!

Honestly, I think you're better off finding a brand new board setup and going with that over working with this setup. I don't feel optimistic about you finding another one to match that but I could be wrong. The new boards with leaf springs are quite good, and very springy, especially if you go with an 8 footer. Just my 2 pennies...

Please tell me no one got hurt on that....it looks awful!
Yes, it looks bad but you should have heard It! One of my future son in laws was going for a big cannonball. When he came down for his second jump, KAPOW!

Luckily, he just dropped into the pool unharmed.

I may call the company and see what they have to say about it. The mounting frame looks the same. The only difference I see is the double spring.

Just trying to give this one more shot before I break down and order a whole new diving board set up.

I called interfab which designs a similar board, but their's has two coil springs and they claim it always has, so this isn't one of theirs.

If no one can ID this one for me, which board design provides the most spring?

This one was just perfect for our pool, I really don't want to order one that doesn't have much bounce.

Diving boards are usually connected to the bonding grid of your pool. Make sure that with whatever new board you go with that it is properly bonded.

Our old diving board finally broke in half yesterday and I'm looking for a replacement. It's a 6 ft model with 1 coil spring for bounce. Overall, we were real happy with the amount of spring it provided and would like to stay with this setup if possible.

The closest match I have found online is the "Baja" made by interfab. It looks like the new model has 2 coil springs rather than the 1 our old board has.

Does anyone know where I can find a 6ft diving board pre drilled for my existing setup?

The 2 spring hardware alone is roughly $350.00 plus the cost of the board and I'd prefer to stick with our 1 spring setup.

My concern about the board being pre drilled for my setup comes from examining my broken board. It's clear water had leaked from the topside, through the bolt hole for the spring, and rotted the wood.

I'm hoping a pre drilled option might be sealed from the factory to avoid that issue?

I welcome your thoughts on which route to take and where to purchase a new board.

I'm curious if you went with the new baja board and how you like it. I'm trying to find the bounciest 6 foot board and interfab tells me the baja is the best option. The only issue is that it is not salt-friendly so I'm trying to figure out if it is much more bouncy than the SR Smith salt jump stand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.