mattalat

Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
New pool owner. I've found a number of threads related to this but none with my specific (unusual?) setup. Easytouch 4 system with intellichlor SWG.

So I have a pool with attached spa with spillover feature into the main pool. The way it's setup, in POOL mode, the pool jets run as well as a single fountain in the center of the spa, causing spillover into the pool whenever pool pump is run. There is also a spillway feature in Easytouch that doesn't change anything visually, but I assume it means that instead the the returns are used from the pool to fill the spa, effectively making it a "spa fill" feature. In spa mode, only the spa wall jets run, not the center fountain that is part of the pool mode system.

The previous owners had the IntelliChlor output for both Spa and Pool set to 50 percent. Since pool mode in my system has that central fountain feeding the spa, I'm thinking that the FC levels in both my spa and pool should be essentially equivalent whenever I'm running the pool pump. I'm thinking of then setting my spa output percentage to 0% or maybe 1%, since we only use the spa for an hour or so at most occasionally, and don't want to inadvertently get very high FC levels in the spa while we're using it.

Am I thinking about this correctly? Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Matt,

The whole point of the Pool Chlorine setting and the Spa Chlorine setting is that you do not want the cell to be making a lot of chlorine when you are in the Spa mode.

If you only use the spa for an hour at a time, then setting the Spa output to zero or 1% should work just fine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.