am I done with this slam?

xfilegirl

Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2017
Bellerose/NY
Hi there. Had to do a SLAM because my FC had dipped to 1 and i started to see a little algae growth I had to get rid of. And my pool was eating up chlorine like crazy.

Right before my SLAM yesterday i tested the CYA to be somewhere between 20 and 25 (it had gone down from 30 after a few heavy rain storms and adding a little water to the pool the other day).

So i brought my FC up to 11 and then added some stabalizer to a sock in my skimmer box...where it is still doing it's dissolving thing...so I'm not exactly sure how much it's risen as of yet (but my aim is to get it around 30-35 when it's done and I retest).

I last tested the FC around midnight and it was at 11. And just now at 6:30am it was still at 11. Is 6 1/2 hours enough to consider myself passed? My water has been perfectly clear from even before the slam , I can see the bottom of the pool, and my CC are 0.

Am I safe to drift down again? The only thing i see left to do is vaccuum up some dead algae that looks like dirt at the bottom of the pool.
Thanks!

I last tested the FC around midnight and it was at 11. And just now at 6:30am it was still at 11. Is 6 1/2 hours enough to consider myself passed? My water has been perfectly clear from even before the slam , I can see the bottom of the pool, and my CC are 0.
Your water is crystal clear and you've passed the other two criteria, so I don't see why not. As long as there is no more of that "little growth" and all the dead material is vacuumed, that should be it. Have a nice weekend.

I think you are out of the SLAM also but, because you said you started at 30 CYA (20 to 25 rounded up) and are shooting for 40 CYA (30 to 35 rounded up). Without all the softener dissolved, I would shoot for the upper target number from the Chlorine/CYA chart for 40 CYA (chart says 5-7). My reasoning for this is because of the HOT sunny weather ahead (I too live in NY), we are both probably going to lose a lot more FC than usual (and DON'T want it to drop below minimum and kill the fun). Once your softener is completely dissolved, you can gt a more accurate reading and adjust accordingy. ENJOY th nice weekend neighbor!!!!

P.S. I bumped mine up by 1ppm FC today more than normal and might even do 2ppm tomorrow because of the sunny heat and high use I KNOW it is going to get this weekend :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.