Am I being too picky???

Thanks, what was the outcome of your pool? Do you have a before and after picture?
I don’t have any pics that show the difference from the house. And I just moved so I can’t get any new ones. Lol. When you are standing at the pool (where most of my pics are) you should not be able to notice it. Or nearly as badly at least. Really you will just be adding a planter or a lounge chair (or to be determined) to stop the line of sight from the house to the one or two spots. All the normal decor and pool stuffs will distract even more.

I don’t have any pics that show the difference from the house. And I just moved so I can’t get any new ones. Lol. When you are standing at the pool (where most of my pics are) you should not be able to notice it. Or nearly as badly at least. Really you will just be adding a planter or a lounge chair (or to be determined) to stop the line of sight from the house to the one or two spots. All the normal decor and pool stuffs will distract even more.
Did they give you a discount? My pb wants to throw in some upgrades like a bubbler, etc....sigh. He mentioned I was getting a little bit of a bigger pool. I told him I'd rather a straight pool and small than a crooked bigger pool. Haha!

Did they give you a discount? My pb wants to throw in some upgrades like a bubbler, etc....sigh
No discount because the pool was perfect. My original yard was sloped in 2 directions and I added a third with the backfill from the pool. The weird angles leading to the pool area all being different made the pool look twisted. It was just a mind trick but that didn’t make it any better anytime I looked out from the house.

The key was to obscure the corners. One got a deck box, one got loungers and the other got the full table, chairs and umbrellas. During the season you couldn’t even see the illusion. The off season with everything put away, however, was like a big neon sign. Your off season will be short if any at all.:)

No discount because the pool was perfect. My original yard was sloped in 2 directions and I added a third with the backfill from the pool. The weird angles leading to the pool area all being different made the pool look twisted. It was just a mind trick but that didn’t make it any better anytime I looked out from the house.

The key was to obscure the corners. One got a deck box, one got loungers and the other got the full table, chairs and umbrellas. During the season you couldn’t even see the illusion. The off season with everything put away, however, was like a big neon sign. Your off season will be short if any at all.:)
Thanks so much for all of your input!!! The pb is here now so hopefully he can figure out how to conceal some of the issues......

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.