Aluminum or steel fence prices

klanel

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2021
Athens, GA
I got my first quote on 110 feet of 48" high aluminum residential quality fencing. It was right at $40/linear foot installed. I haven't been pricing but this seems about twice as high as I would have expected. What prices are some of you seeing or paying?

Metal fencing has been skyrocketing. Last time I got fencing installed (last October) powder coated steel was coming in over 20/linear foot and my fence guy said it was about to go up another 20-40%. $40 is def high but no price surprises me any more

the code changes for AZ and the pool fence has to be 5' now
not that that impacts you but the 48" fencing is now worthless here lol
, a lot of people install the fencing to pass inspections then remove it , I bought mine for 1/4 the cost from 3 Craigslist type sites
might be worth a look

the code changes for AZ and the pool fence has to be 5' now
not that that impacts you but the 48" fencing is now worthless here lol
, a lot of people install the fencing to pass inspections then remove it , I bought mine for 1/4 the cost from 3 Craigslist type sites
might be worth a look
Our codes here in Cherokee County, GA changed to 5FT too. We had a 4FT fence existing (built by the previous owners) and had to pay to tear it down and then pay for 410FT of new 5FT fence...

Reactions: Zmann
I did fencing for a while and what I can tell you is that it's really difficult for the homeowner to price themselves. The fence companies likely use a wholesale distributor with FAR superior product than you can buy at Home Depot (etc). It wasn't my company but I was along for alot of quotes and 75% of the customers balked at our price because of that display by the front doors at HD/Lowes which had $60-$125 panels. Some of the customers listened to the reasoning that they wanted a fence would last, and some of them didn't.

Last edited:
There is a distributor in another town not far from here but they only sell to contractors. I just looked at the ones from the big box stores online to get an idea of pricing but haven't seen them in person. The first guy said they would core drill a 3" hole for the line and corner post and fill with quikrete. Just having a hard time with the price but I have contacted others to get estimates for comparison.

I like Mike's $28 linear foot better.

There is a distributor in another town not far from here but they only sell to contractors
This is what i was talking about. I can garantee you that they have far superior product to HD. Unfortunately it will cost more. Any pro, of pretty much any kind, will not buy from HD(etc). Any 'worker dudes' you see buying fence there are likely flipping a house and don't care what it looks like in 5 years.

Forget you even looked at their prices. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, FWIW i went and counted my panels this afternoon so i could do the math. All in with gates and hardware i paid $39 a foot for 6 ft PVC a few months ago. I specifically used one of the large fence companies knowing that if i called the 'two guys in a truck companies', the price would be better at my own long term cost. But once i heard the better price, it would randomly haunt me forever at 3AM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.