Alternative to Unicel C-7399?

JaceTheAce

Bronze Supporter
Apr 10, 2020
Utah
This sprint I built an Aquasport 52 18' partial in-ground pool and we've been LOVING it this summer. I just cleaned the filter for the first time and followed the instructions on Pool School and did a TSP deep cleaning and that worked fantastic. As I went through the cleaning process for the first time I realized that I need a second filter so that, for convenience, I can swap it out while I let it soak overnight.

The filter that came with the pool when I purchased it 4 months ago was a genuine Unicel C-7399:
- Length: 19 3/8"
- Diameter: 7"
- Top opening: 3"
- Bottom opening: 3"
- Sqft: 100
- Pleat Count: 222
- Media: 3

Problem: My Unicel C-7399 filter is now discontinued by the manufacturer. They offer a replacement, C-7652, but it is a lesser quality filter with only 110 pleat count and 50 sqft.

Question: Does anyone here know of a comparable filter for the discontinued C-7399 that is the same filtration quality? I'm fine with different brands as long as they are comparable or better quality to Unicel.

I can still find Unicel C-7399 from the place where I purchased the pool, but the filter is $60 and shipping is $40, making a single filter $100. YIKES.

Let's see if anyone has ideas on your filter hunt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.