Alternative to comparator when measuring PH & Chlorine?

Docpatel

Oct 25, 2020
Denton, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Couple of related questions:

1. Is there an alternative to measuring PH instead of the color comparator? My eyes can't tell the difference between 7.8 and 8.0.

2. Is there a liquid alternative to the DPD powder (R-0870)?

1. You can get a pH meter. Cheap ones work a few times. More expensive one work well if maintained.
2. No.

Thank you! Any thoughts on the Milwaukee Instruments MW102 PH and Temperature Meter (selling for $122 on amazon).
And guess it's time to order the DPD powder.

I have no experience with pH meters. Some on the forum use them. I think they primarily use Hanna ones. Do a search.

TFTestkits will be running their complete TF100 refill sale here very soon. Might want to wait on that.

There is really no reason to commiserate over the pH at 7.8 or 8. Just call it one of them and adjust to 7.6. Nothing will be harmed.

Try taking a photo of the comparator with reagent in front of white background and then see if you can get a better comparison from the photo.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.