Alright, where can I find some unexpired R-0871?

PointeTaken

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2019
Hoover, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
It’s time to refill my stock of R-0871 (C size). In the past, I have had great success buying reagents on Amazon after vetting the vendors via reviews. This year, I’m seeing nothing but disappointed people complaining about expired reagent or receiving the wrong size. What’s a good, reliable place to get some reagents without paying Leslie’s prices? I don’t really want or need to buy a totally new kit, as I bought a brand new one just last year and all of my reagents are still pretty far off from expiration.

It’s time to refill my stock of R-0871 (C size). In the past, I have had great success buying reagents on Amazon after vetting the vendors via reviews. This year, I’m seeing nothing but disappointed people complaining about expired reagent or receiving the wrong size. What’s a good, reliable place to get some reagents without paying Leslie’s prices? I don’t really want or need to buy a totally new kit, as I bought a brand new one just last year and all of my reagents are still pretty far off from expiration.

I gave up on Amazon a few years ago. Too unreliable. This is my go to place for reagents (ironically, I originally found them on Amazon)

I’ve also ordered direct from Taylor before as well with no problems

Reactions: tenbelow99 and AK-
I gave up on Amazon a few years ago. Too unreliable. This is my go to place for reagents (ironically, I originally found them on Amazon)

I’ve also ordered direct from Taylor before as well with no problems

I got the pint bottle of CYA from Taylor. Even with shopping was a good deal. I don’t trust Amazon to have fresh reagents.

Most of the times I order from TFTestkits.net

Thanks. I’m aware of the reagents on TFtestkits, but they don’t fit my box, and while I know I can pour it into my old bottle, I like having the exp. date matching the contents…I’m just particular like that. 🤪

However, you just lead me to discover the crossbar magnet for my speedstir, which is awesome because I hate how the capsule in mine dances around.

Reactions: AK-
I've ordered r0870, r0871, and r0013 from Amazon and it's always been fresh (expiring more than a year later). In fact, i just got some new r0870 yesterday. Probably luck of the draw and dependant on which 3rd party seller you buy from but I've been happy with it so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.