Aloha from Hawaii's Big Island!

bbierman

Feb 7, 2023
Hawaii
Aloha! This seems like a great place for me to learn and discuss pool maintenance, so thanks for that!

I bought a 16' round intex above ground pool for my family and I to use during the pandemic. We live in Hawaii, but at 1000' elevation. My primary interest is in managing temperature economically. I've purchased a passive solar heater and am now trying to gather data on its effectiveness. I've come here to primarily to discuss Arduinos, temperature sensors, and how best to insert them into the heater plumbing.

Mahalo!

Hey Bbierman and Welcome!!!!!!

Have a read:
Pool Care Basics

I bought a 16' round intex above ground pool for my family and I to use during the pandemic. We live in Hawaii, but at 1000' elevation
So it's an abooooooooooooooooove ground pool. Gotcha. (y)

I've come here to primarily to discuss Arduinos, temperature sensors, and how best to insert them into the heater plumbing.
Head on over to the various subforums and read away, or ask away, or share away if you already hacked something that could benefit others. :)

Head on over to the various subforums and read away, or ask away, or share away if you already hacked something that could benefit others. :)
Thanks, will do. I'm going to basically duplicate what is described in this thread: Attaching temp sensor in PVC pipe.

Although my intention is to use an Arduino to publish data to an influx db and a grafana dashboard or similar to do the visuals.

Reactions: Newdude