Almost there

creightont

Jul 1, 2020
TN
We are getting very close to completion of our new pool. We hit the first real snag today when the concrete decking was poured. The builder did a decent job of covering the travertine and first couple feet of water from the edge. During the pour they misjudged the edge and a pretty good size of wet concrete sludge flowed into the pool. I've had the pump running continuously about 4hrs now, along with the new dolphin s200. I've pulled the dolphin out 3 times to clean the sludge out of the basket and wash the filters down. Anything else I should be doing to try to clean the water up? Its murky enough that the dolphin is not visible in 4' depth.

Thanks.

For this one I would think about using floc. You could use it as you have a sand filter and can vacuum to waste. You do NOT want floc going through your filter. It will mess it up. Make sure to follow the directions on the bottle to the letter if you decide to use it.

Now saying that you can keep doing what you are doing and it should clear in time...........how much time? I cannot say. It could be a while.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the info. I'll research floc. My K2006C is supposed to arrive tomorrow which should help understand what's goin on with the water too. Should have ordered it 2 days earlier 😖. I did backwash last night after running the filter. Continuing that process today.

This is a new one on me. I'm not quite understanding why they didn't empty the pool, flush all the "concretie" water, thoroughly clean any of that still stuck to the finish, and refill with clean water.

As I said, I have no familiarity with this situation, but I do know a bit about the importance of minimizing plaster dust after a new finish install. With that limited knowledge my first concern would be a slurry of concrete mix or particulate floating around in the water, eventually adhering here and there or everywhere to my brand new finish. What is keeping that from happening, if it hasn't already?

Was there some reason given for not draining and thoroughly cleaning the pool? I can't imagine a robot or any amount of brushing negating the ill-effects of this accident (though I could easily be wrong about that)...

Reactions: HermanTX
Not sure why a drain, clean, and refill was not required.
The good news is things have cleared up after about 30hrs of filtering and backwashing probably 8x. Some level of dirt/ dust still settling in the liner seams. Running the vacuum now to see hoe much it might pick up to help with finer particles now that the rocks and gritty stuff is pretty much out.
Not sure what the sand in the filter looks like and not sure if it really matters or if the sludge will enhance filtration?
Put the water thru it's first k2006c test. All in all, results do not look too bad.
Ph is 7.2, cc is right around 0 probably due to the uv light? A little high in alkaline. The cya seems pretty odd. It doesn't make the black dot disappear at all? I'll post a new topic for that.

So sorry, did you just add that signature, or did I miss it? You've got vinyl and that must be why it's not critical to get all the concrete out immediately. I was thinking you had a plaster finish and that would have been a different matter. Sounds like it's cleaning up, slowly but surely. Others will have to weigh in about the sand filter, as I only know about my cartridge filter. I would want an inspection of the filter and the vac after the pool is clean, before that concrete contractor gets paid, to make sure neither has sustained any ill effects of sucking up all that concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.