Summit Hill, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
So here are my latest TF100 test results.
304F66F2-9656-46CC-95CA-998A0BB46D74.jpeg
I didn’t have the exact quantity of dry acid so I just added the 1 pound I had. Question is...if I want to target a 7.6pH should I drop it to 7.4 and let it rise naturally through splashing and aeration?

Any other comments or advice about my numbers?

Do not add Dry Acid, it wil add sulphites to your water and corrode equipment like heater and swg. Use muriatic acid to lower ph, aim for 7.2 an aerate to bring back up. This will lower TA. Try to maintain 7.6-7.8.

Target a 7.8 for the PH. It takes longer to swing from there. It sounds weird but its kinda like how hot water will freeze before cold water if you stick them both in the freezer.

Reactions: ksteber
My pool is generally more stable at 7.2 to 7.4. It takes a while to find the balance between TA and PH for each pool I think. If your PH rises rather quickly, try lowering to a different PH to see what happens. Anything between 7.2 and 8 is fine.

Reactions: ksteber
For a CYA of 70 your target range is 8-10 per the revised FC/CYA Levels. Myself and a lot of others ‘target’ the high #, or just a skootch above it so we always stay in target even after daily FC loss. Once you know your pool down to the last drop, you can dance the low line if you please but you’re not there yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.