Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Todays test results are looking pretty good.
FC: 4
PH: 7.7
TA: 110
CH: 118 (leslies measurement 2 days ago)
CYA: 45
Temp: 74

I've finally got the CYA where I need it to be using 3" tabs so I've removed those from the erosion feeder, will use 12% bleach from here on out. My PH seems to be really stable, should I leave that TA alone or keep working on brining it down? Pool (and water) are now about 2mo old. Vinyl lined hard sided above ground.

Last edited:
Side note...in the app, does the target FC float based on the CYA chart in the ABCs or does the 4-8 target in the app stay fixed?

Also check your CH testing. Even though CH doesn't really apply to vinyl unless it gets really high (scale), if you are using the 10ml water sample size for your CH test, each drop of R-0012 is 25, so your final CH number should be something like 125, 150, 175, etc.

Reactions: cznkane
Also check your CH testing. Even though CH doesn't really apply to vinyl unless it gets really high (scale), if you are using the 10ml water sample size for your CH test, each drop of R-0012 is 25, so your final CH number should be something like 125, 150, 175, etc.
Appreciate it! The CH number was measured by Leslie's a couple days ago. I didn't bother measuring it myself as I figured it was of little interest with the vinyl. As for the FC target zone changing, I've looked at that chart and I know I'm close (little low for my CYA)...but does the app auto adjust the target based on that chart? I see you're in TX...enjoying this brief cool down? :)

enjoying this brief cool down?
YESSSSSSSS! We needed a break. The APP will tell you if your FC is low based on your current CYA. But as with any Poolmath "recommendation", it's good to step back and look at the big picture. Poolmath sees numbers only and may not take into account local scenarios that may influence why an owner may adjust a chemical slightly differently that what is recommended. Hope that helps.

Reactions: cznkane
YESSSSSSSS! We needed a break. The APP will tell you if your FC is low based on your current CYA. But as with any Poolmath "recommendation", it's good to step back and look at the big picture. Poolmath sees numbers only and may not take into account local scenarios that may influence why an owner may adjust a chemical slightly differently that what is recommended. Hope that helps.
Makes perfect sense, thanks again!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.