Jul 15, 2020
Talleyville, DE
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All;

I joined almost a year ago, but I don't think I ever took the time to introduce myself. I live in Wilmington, DE. My wife had the idea of getting a pool last year as a result of the pandemic and not being able to go anywhere, so we made it happen. It was interesting, the pool I think was on Amazon for around $2k and I thought to myself, that's not bad! Well, add about 10k in landscaping costs to finally end the project out, lol. I really wanted to get an in-ground pool, but we're not sure how long we are going to stay in this house for, and I doubt we'll get the money back if/when we sell, not to mention probably costs 3 - 5 times the amount of the AGP.

A little more about me, I like the outdoors, in the fall I'm hunting, in the spring I'm fishing although, being a career professional (IT - Network Engineer) I really only get one week to dedicate to each. I've been playing guitar for about 20 years on and off, but really started to pick up again as of lately. Favorite genre is classic rock. My biggest past time is probably PC Gaming. I have way too many to list here, but, as of lately the most I have been playing is Rocket League and CoD Warzone.

Just wanted to give a big shout out and thanks to the community here. I thought I knew what I was doing last year, and for the most part kept a very clear pool on first time owning a pool, however I did run into one problem. I had purchased a ridiculous amount of 1" chlorine tablets for the pool. Man I wish I would have found this site and not sunk $200 into that 5 gallon bucket of tablets. The problem I had is the tablets are stabilized, meaning they contain CYA. You can't really get rid of that stuff, so eventually, the CYA level would get so high that I would find myself getting into chlorine lock and not having any chlorine burning off from the pool, which required me to drain/refill. That only happened a few times, but from the awesome support here and some reading in Pool School, I quickly realized to switch to liquid chlorine from the tablets - man, what a difference! I'm still trying to find someone that I can either sell or give these 1" tablets to.

Thanks for the intro bkepfle.
As for the trichlor tabs list them on your favorite local pop media site, they may go like hot cakes due to the "perceived" shortage.
Now some may say a TFP member selling tabs to the masses is irresponsible, I say caveat emptor.
Besides who really knows maybe the buyers know all about the CYA/FC relationship and are simply going on vacation.

Last edited:
Now some may say a TFP member selling tabs to the masses is irresponsible, I say caveat emptor.
Besides who really knows maybe the buyers know all about the CYA/FC relationship and are simply going on vacation.
^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly this. If you're feeling guilty, sell the CYA and donate the proceeds to us here. Like I mentioned in another thread, maybe that's the straw that breaks the camel's back and brings that pool owner over to our way of life, and maybe they'll start donating more to us! They're going to go out and buy it anyway, otherwise there wouldn't be a primary or secondhand market for it.

I gladly sold the 2 half boxes of shock bags the old owners left us. The guy who bought them was on a mission to buy them and was doing so with or without me. I sold him a full box at half price and we both made out that day.

He told me some about his ways and he was not going to be willing to listen, even if I tried. Have a good day sir. Good luck with your swamp.