All-Over Textured liners and robots...

Jul 3, 2018
Fleetwood, PA
Anybody have an all-over textured liner for a few years now that can chime in about wear? I am in the process of renovating my pool and my wife and I have narrowed our choices down to two liners - both "all over" textured. They are 27mil but I wonder about using a robot on a daily basis, year after year, how well the high parts of the texture are going to hold up to the beating of the robot brushes. We're currently planning on a Dolphin Triton (S200) unless we find that there may be issues with it and the textured liner, and the two liners we are looking at are both Merlin - "Shelter Cove" and "Amelia Island".

To be honest, I've never heard of all over textured liners before? Are they something new??

I'm just wondering about the attraction? Does this type liner look better or different?
I like smooth and slick surfaces as algae has a harder time taking hold. (That's one reason we went with fiberglass)

Maddie

As far as I know, they've been available for years. But yes, they are spectacular looking and feel great on the feet. They are also great for traction.

That said, we are leaning away from the textured liner anyway because it's a higher cost and we can't find anyone who has had one for long enough to give an educated opinion.

We ordered one that was only textured on the steps to minimize slippage getting in and out, and they ended up messing up and not having the texture on it. Turns out the lack of texture doesn't cause the slippage. The fact that after the last step the slope it too steep is what causes the slippage. I could have got a pattern I liked much more if it hadn't been for the textures that were available not matching that pattern. The installer offered to refund the cost of the texture - I say "no way", then I want the pattern I originally wanted. He ended giving us about $2K back so I accepted it. It was a good deal for us, and a better one for him as he would've had to eat the cost of the liner we got since he messed up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.