Dec 20, 2015
Arnold md.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,

I know my alkalinity is a little low, 50, but my ph is stable and Fc looks good too. My question is, if I raise my Alkalinity a bit will it help with some plaster discoloring?

Recent numbers

Fc- 4
Cc- 0
Ta- 50
Ph- 7.4
Cya - 70

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not touch a thing pH stability is what you are saeeking and you have it.

Pool staining is (essentially) unrelated.

Can you post a decent pic of the stains?

Thanks, yeah will post when I get home. The stains have gotten less since I opened but still seem a bit much since the pool is only 2.5 years old. They are mainly on the sides of the pool.

You have a "mineral set up" you say? As in copper and silver and all that kind of thing? Those can certainly cause stains.

I'd suggest you take a pool water sample to a pool store and ask them to test for metals to see how high you may be? Its is the ONLY time we suggest pool store tests, because the kit is kinda pricey to buy.

Give us a full set of numbers:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Maddie :flower:

You have a "mineral set up" you say? As in copper and silver and all that kind of thing? Those can certainly cause stains.

I'd suggest you take a pool water sample to a pool store and ask them to test for metals to see how high you may be? Its is the ONLY time we suggest pool store tests, because the kit is kinda pricey to buy.

Give us a full set of numbers:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Maddie :flower:

Yes it is a mineral pool, but I don't have to use the minerals and I have not put one back in for this year. My other numbers are good,
I will ck the pool store results tomorrow. Thx

Yes it is a mineral pool, but I don't have to use the minerals and I have not put one back in for this year. My other numbers are good,
I will ck the pool store results tomorrow. Thx

Ok 0 on metals so i did the vitamin c test and no change in the stain either. I will say it has gotten less over time but still worries me a bit.

ok so wanted to check back on this. I have found out that the stains are in fact metal of sorts, no metals showed up in my water most likely because there is none in the water but stuck on the plaster. I have seen prior threads that discuss uses of Jacks Magic #2 and that is also what the Pool guy recommended. I just get nervous with what that will do to my pool chemistry. Any thoughts?? My numbers are great otherwise...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.