Algea in New Pool

If you see algae you definitely need to SLAM. The point of watching your CC level is that it will also tell you something is going on in your pool that you need to SLAM for. If you didn't see algae but had a CC over .5 you know something is in there that needs to be taken care of. That's what I meant by being able to "see" algae in the CC test.

If you see algae you definitely need to SLAM. The point of watching your CC level is that it will also tell you something is going on in your pool that you need to SLAM for. If you didn't see algae but had a CC over .5 you know something is in there that needs to be taken care of. That's what I meant by being able to "see" algae in the CC test.

This is important as it is what happened to me. My CC never went above .5 but there was algae growing, and it just kept getting worse even though my FC was high enough.

I'd have to say from the many posts I've come across it's much more common that the CC starts to rise and then you start seeing green water or spots of algae but it isn't written in stone and this is just one of those cases where it's working the other way and you're seeing algae before it starts to produce much CC.

You should SLAM the pool and it would be good to do so BEFORE you raise the CYA level to the recommended level for your SWG as Pwrstrk had pointed out.

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to think about how you have the return jets adjusted to see if maybe the green spots are in places that aren't getting circulation. Just a wild guess at what might be the cause.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.