Algea bloom? Initial pool setup help

It shouldn't be a very long process, since you changed the water.

Also you can swim in a pool at SLAM levels so long as it's clear, so don't let this stop you from enjoying the pool.
Algae may be unpleasant but it is not harmful (otherwise people wouldn’t swim in lakes).

Reactions: chi-chi
Thanks everyone I am finally at SLAM levels (16.2 FC to be exact)! I took a dip and noticed it had quite a bit of sand on the bottom so I vacuumed what I could and also any dirt that I saw but I wasn't able to get up all of the sand.. I am running my pump on filter/FP with the robot vacuum running. Hopefully it will get most of the sand up. Any advice on this issue or on my next steps would be appreciated.

Is your CC 0.5 or less? You already said your water was clear. If so I’d run an OCLT tonight. If all looks good your SLAM would be finished.

Reactions: mariane
Is your CC 0.5 or less? You already said your water was clear. If so I’d run an OCLT tonight. If all looks good your SLAM would be finished.

My CC was at 2 from my last test and the FC was still low asking for 27 oz of bleach/chlorine pee pool math. My CYA was still at 35. I have now set up my sandfilters (I am running 2 at a time) for 6 hours each at the same time at night. I have set my Saltwater chlorinator to run for 5 hours of the 6. Hopefully this is right as my water looks clean and clear and is kept covered with a solar blanket and I'll use my robot vacuum several times a week.

My CC was at 2 from my last test and the FC was still low asking for 27 oz of bleach/chlorine pee pool math. My CYA was still at 35. I have now set up my sandfilters (I am running 2 at a time) for 6 hours each at the same time at night. I have set my Saltwater chlorinator to run for 5 hours of the 6. Hopefully this is right as my water looks clean and clear and is kept covered with a solar blanket and I'll use my robot vacuum several times a week.
The solar blanket is great for heating and preserving FC. Unfortunately it also helps to preserve CC. You might want to keep your cover off for at least couple hours of sunlight.

Reactions: chi-chi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.