sadohert

Silver Supporter
Oct 10, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
Moved from here.
This is a great thread and seems entirely applicable to my situation. I'm attaching some photos of I'm observing. I vacuumed everything up last night, and this morning there seems to be a small amount that's accumulated.

I'm going to try:
  • Checking the ladders and lights for any algae build-up
  • SLAMing
PXL_20210921_230337416.jpg

PXL_20210921_230345972.jpg
PXL_20210921_230354575.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I had not been SLAMing. Just testing and adding liquid chlorine, and if anything it seemed like the general rate of chlorine required had declined from the peak in the summer.

Just tested and confirmed the FC level is not dropping quickly at all.

@Jennilhoo - Been many years, but do you have any conclusions on what solved it for you?

My test results are below. I'm going to do what I said above, but I still can't help but question whether its really algae for me, given my FC has a relatively low level of decline from day to day.

Screenshot_20210922-112817.png

For algae, the SLAM Process is the way to go. But a couple things caught my eye:
- Does that residual material you show in the pics wipe (or rub) off easily?
- How are you testing your water? Some of those numbers do not appear to be from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006.

Have you actually performed an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test yet?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.