Algae separating after flocculant

You want to make sure it's pool grade DE and not something for gardening or insect killing. It needs to be heat treated for use in a pool filter.

Attachments

• Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 101
I now have my sparkling oasis thanks to yall. Thanks again for your advise. I couldn't have done it without everyone of you. I had company for the 4th and it was a very relaxing day by the pool!

a5upy3u4.jpg

We seem to be missing a few updates since the 30th but a blue and sparkly pool is all that matters :whoot:

" I had company for the 4th and it was a very relaxing day by the pool!" I think I see someone relaxing on a chaise lounge in that photo. ;)

Thanks! Yeah a few people enjoyed it actually. There wasn't much to report in between. I cheated and flocked it because I had the company coming. I finished on the afternoon of the 3rd. It would have taken 2 weeks probably at the rate it was going to filter completely.

They hate it when you suggest someone flock but I did it too this year and it worked great to get me vision to the deep end so I could get the leaves and stuff out of there and complete a SLAM.

It sure makes the filtering process take longer, due to the particulates not suspending very long. And not to mention the pump down time. But if the algae is COMPLETELY dead, and the chlorine is high, I think IMHO, it's ok. Otherwise the algae takes over while the pump is off.

Since yall helped me save some money, I made a donation. I figured I would share my savings. It seemed like the thing to do. Thank yall again for the advice. I will participate in future threads as well.

They haven't put the plaque under my name yet, I just made it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used biogard. I was at shock level.

- - - Updated - - -

Used it and vacuumed to waste. Brought back up to shock level. Finished Slam 2 days later

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.