algae, plus can't open jet plug!

May 22, 2018
Pleasantville
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all...and HELP! Despite having the pool professionally closed, it is a green mess. On the days it didn't rain, I've used a leaf bag skimmer to pull out as much solid chunks of algae as I can. I'm getting ready to SLAM. But we were only able to pull out one of the two jet things. My weight-lifting 22 y.o. got on his stomach and tried everything to get it off, but it didn't budge. There is zero visibility. Even if there was some tool to use, he wouldn't be able to see what he's doing.

Questions:
1. Can I start running the filter with only one jet, or will the closed jet cause a pressure buildup and harm the system?
2. If I can't run the filter because this plug is stuck, can I start to SLAM?

Thank you!
15,000 gallon vinyl pool with Hayward DE pump

Yes you can start your slam with onky one return operational. For the plugged one, get a good pair of vice grips and turn it counterclockwise to remove, at times over zealous pool guys cross thread those lil beauties. The soft plastic of the winterizing plug will give way to the harder pvc of the return fitting.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.