8pm
FC 6.5 CC 0 pH 7.2 TA 90

Friday 9am
FC 6 CC 0 pH 7.4 TA 90
7:20pm
FC 5 CC 0.5

Saturday 7am
FC 5 CC 0 pH 7 4 TA 90 CH 110 CYA 40

When you SLAM, are the levels in the chart levels that you want to continually stay above, or a maximum you should not exceed? I SLAMMED last week, and I tried to keep FC between 16 and 12, but once or twice it got down to 8.

I have been having a LOT of wind. Some trees are dropping lots of pollen, and tiny flowers that are helping me find spiderwebs.

I'm not losing chlorine overnight and my CC levels have been at zero, with an occasional 0.5. If I run my saltwater generator overnight, my FC will increase by 1.5 or 2. But there's all this stuff on the bottom of my pool. Wednesday was very windy, and the water got cloudy for a few hours.

When I vacuum this up with a garden hose mesh bag vaccum, I get a key lime to lime sized ball of lightweight brown organic matter in the mesh bag. Has algae returned? Time to SLAM? Or is it just stuff that the wind blew in?

Last edited:
You want to keep at the level. Above can be damaging to pool finishes and equipment and will burn off very quickly in the sun, so is wasteful.

Test often and add enough to get back to SLAM level during a SLAM.

Reactions: Tatum4701
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.