Algae? Filter Valve Settings?

AdamH129

May 17, 2021
Saint Louis
Hello All! I’m currently treating my green pool, when I opened the pool it was a deep green and after shocking and chlorinating it is now a sort of emerald green. I feel like it is taking longer than usual to clear up and I’m wondering if having my Pentair sand filter set to filter instead of recirculate could be a problem?

Below I will attach a photo and my most recent test results!

Free Chlorine - 0.66 - ( I added 4 pounds of calcium hypochlorite shock today as well as algaecide 40)
Total Chlorime - 6.40
Ph- 7.3
Total Alkalinity - 120
Calcium Hardness - 280
Cyanuric Acid - 60
Iron - 0.1
Copper - 0.2
Phosphates - 2412
TDS - 1100

The pool is concrete , 25,000 gallons,
I have a Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter with a Pentair Variable Speed pump and a DeltaUV filter as well.

Attachments

• F7DC029F-25EF-45ED-8506-B26BC300EE19.jpeg
    F7DC029F-25EF-45ED-8506-B26BC300EE19.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 5
Where to start....Algaecide is a preventative nota treatment so not useful at all. Your test numbers look suspiciously like they came from a pool store so not trusted. You need to read up on SLAM, with 60 cya you need to keep your chlorine above 24 to rid yourself of algae.

Where to start....Algaecide is a preventative nota treatment so not useful at all. Your test numbers look suspiciously like they came from a pool store so not trusted. You need to read up on SLAM, with 60 cya you need to keep your chlorine above 24 to rid yourself of algae.
What about my filter? Should I have it on filter or recirculate when I’m adding these chemicals?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.