Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Forgive me TP'ers for I have sinned. It's been <mumble mumble mumble> since my last confession.

I've seen the advice often to check the foam on the weir door when having a tough SLAM. I dismissed this thinking it doesn't apply to me bc I imagined some foam stuff at the edge of the door, sort of like around a window or house door and my weir door doesn't have that. I finally decided to take the weir door out to see what's up and found this.
Foam.jpg

Yuck.

I've found that the Hayward foam isn't sold separately from the door, so I have a new door on order. It will be here next week. In the meantime, the door isn't working well. I have the foam soaking with some water and bleach. It's not cleaning up particularly well. The algae is pretty dug in there. Any hints on how to get it clean so that I can reinstall it for the next few days?

Try spraying it with clorox cleanup & letting it sit a while, then scrub with a brush. The surfactants in it really amp up the cleaning power - for some reason its much more powerful than just adding soap to bleach. Be sure to rinse well when done so you don’t cause a foaming issue.
Others have reported buying some closed cell foam at big box stores to replace it.

Bleach and 4 Hail Mary's.

We saw one similar recently that when they bleached it, it turned black and nasty.

I wouldn't worry about not skimming for a week. Not at all. So you vacuum more at the end of the week. There are WAY worse things happening today. :)

Since I don't have an automatic pool cleaner (except me; that's pretty automatic!) whenever I put in my vacuum plate to do the nasty, I have to remove the weir door anyway, so mine soaks in a dish of chlorine while I vacuum the pool. When done, plate comes out, weir door goes back in.

That's why I don't have a robot; it ain't because I'm ch-ch-cheap!!! ;)

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.