Algae and Stains on Bottom of Diamondbrite pool?

Mar 10, 2013
So I'm on my second pool company, which started strong but now I'm not happy. I have a small approxmately 6-7k gallon pool and the algae is back. They take chemical tests weekly and the ph level last week was not within the 7.2-7.8 ph guideline, but was 8.0 with 2 free chlorine, alkalinity 80. Pool looks like Crud this week, algae growing on the tile walls and what appears on the steps and bottom edges of the pool floor. What needs to be done to get this algae under control, I have a young daughter and its summer time and she wants to swim daily....

Also, can anyone identify what those stains are on the floor of the pool, I've had some of them already pre-existing when I moved in a few years back, but I think there has been an increase. When I touch the area there is no slime or different texture than the diamondbrite, its just the areas look discolored. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Attachments

• Pool Algae.jpg
    Pool Algae.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Pool Alage 2.jpg
    Pool Alage 2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Pool Algae 3.jpg
    Pool Algae 3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 16
You have been around here for a while so you should have seen the drill - do your own testing and follow the SLAM Process to get rid of algae.

What test kit do you have?

Post your test results once you have a TF-100 Test Kits or a Taylor K-2006C.

How has the pool company been chlorinating your pool?

Please put details of your pool in your signature.

Well I have been technically registered here for a while, I'm not on frequently as I usually have specific problems. I pay a pool company, so I dont have my own tester, but I do expect the pool to be maintained properly. I know they come weekly, but it appears even though they use a test kit and post results, they are struggling to properly balance the pool. My pool is an inground plaster pool with diamondbrite, uses a pentair variable speed pool pump cycling at 2100 rpm for about 8 hours per day, I have 1 skimmer.

Any ideas on the stains on the floor of the pool and what they can be caused from or how to get rid of them?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.