Algae, algae......is that you?

kmbentley

Feb 28, 2021
Yucatán, Mexico
My husband and I live in the HOT and very sunny Yuchatan,MX. Our pool is concrete covered with chukum (the brown in the picture) which is a Mayan waterproofing treatment that is common here.

After shocking for almost 10 days we believe we have FINALLY gotten rid of our algae...passed the overnight test a few times. However, in our shallow end (about 2 inches deep) we have accumulations that look like dirt (See pic). This is nothing new....is this dead algae? If so do we co tiniest shocking until this tops appearing or will this always happen? When we were fighting the green monster there was green in the shallow end NOT gray.

Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• CD50F007-060D-4012-BCAF-DDBA57350D73.jpeg
    CD50F007-060D-4012-BCAF-DDBA57350D73.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 41
  • EA84BD95-B019-4606-8EC4-A3FDEEB41357.jpeg
    EA84BD95-B019-4606-8EC4-A3FDEEB41357.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 40
most likely dead algae.. what type filter do you have? You will have to sneak up to it with a vacuum to get it into the filter.

ahhhh, gotcha, your in a SLAM Process..

That is most likely algae that is dead so your doing good.. Have you looked and cleaned in other places like light niches, ladders, skimmers and anything else in the pool where algae can hide...

I would hate to have you drop down to normal Recommended Levels and have another algae outbreak because some was hiding in a light niche :)

Reactions: Mendy48
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.