Aldi Intex spa: how often to change filter? (code E90)

MikeWLeics

Apr 28, 2020
Leicester UK
We've had this spa for just 1 month now, and we have hit the error code E90 several times.
If I remove the filter, the thing will work okay, so it would appear to be that.

I have got a filter cleaning chemical, which did seem to shift the dirt and let the filter be re-used, but technically we are on our 4th filter in 4 weeks!
We always shower before getting in, no frothy suds on us, plus the chemicals (chlorine and pH) look okay (have to tweak them most days).

Is it normal to get this pretty well every week?
We have LOVED having it during this lockdown, but I can't imagine keeping up this regime with the filter - the manual suggested every 6 weeks or so, I think!

Thanks

I don’t know how you are checking your chemicals & maintaining your spa but here’s some reading to get you started on the right track
After you are sure everything is in line & you have a clean filter you could try this
I would imagine this condition could be cause by water imbalances that allow build up on the sensor.

We've had this spa for just 1 month now, and we have hit the error code E90 several times.
If I remove the filter, the thing will work okay, so it would appear to be that.

I have got a filter cleaning chemical, which did seem to shift the dirt and let the filter be re-used, but technically we are on our 4th filter in 4 weeks!
We always shower before getting in, no frothy suds on us, plus the chemicals (chlorine and pH) look okay (have to tweak them most days).

Is it normal to get this pretty well every week?
We have LOVED having it during this lockdown, but I can't imagine keeping up this regime with the filter - the manual suggested every 6 weeks or so, I think!

Thanks

My Intex instruction book says to remove the filters when using the spa, putting them back when done. This may be your issue?

This is one small item in one paragraph, cleverly hidden in the middle of many instructions.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.