NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Wow, if you waited on buying tickets for flights this summer you are going to be shocked. Plus airlines are cancelling flights and moving things around all over the place. We booked Hawaii trip in December for this June and United changed the flight for the 3rd time already. This time they scrapped the nonstop from Newark which was sold out. Took that flight away for the whole month of June. Anyhow, since I had to scramble and change flights, since they put us on a Crud flight, I noticed the prices are through the roof. I paid $500 for economy tickets in December those are close to $2k if you were buying right now (admittedly nobody books a month out for Hawaii) however I peeked for later in the summer and they are well north of $1k on many flights to Hawaii. Admittedly first world problems but Dang pricing on everything as we know is headed North fast!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: kul
Dang pricing on everything as we know is headed North fast!!
They also get you with extra sneaky fees:

Bottle of water $9.95.

3 oz peanuts Market Price (Ask your Attendant).

Snack $13.95.

Meal $29.99

Each checked bag $45.00 extra.

Gate fee $29.99

Ticket fee $14.99

Boarding pass fee $24.99

Screening fee $31.00

Fuel charge $47.99

Maintenance fee $12.50

Pilot fee $33.99

Additional overcharge $12.45.

Insurance $120.00 per person.

So, as you can see, the extras add up fast.

No masks required. :whoot:
I flew coast to coast on the day, Tuesday they dropped the mask mandate. When the stewardess announced that masks were now voluntary the passengers erupted in applause. Best flight ever. :cheers: Yes the flight cost nearly doubled in the weeks after fuel costs started climbing. :rant:

We were thinking of flying to Kansas City, KS this summer …. KANSAS!!! … but the ticket prices were ridiculous. Not even bothering. We will drive to CA and enjoy some beach time instead.

I hate flying as it is and avoid it like the plague but with prices like this I’ll never step foot on a plane again …

Funny I said to my kids, old fashioned vacations like we grew up with, "Driving" is gonna be the norm. Then again, the pool went in last summer which means staycations might be the future.

Reactions: Newdude
Funny I said to my kids, old fashioned vacations like we grew up with, "Driving" is gonna be the norm
I got bad news for you about gas prices. :laughblue:

I was just happily paying $4.47 for 93 because it wasnt $4.97 and saw $6.27 for diesel. Ouuuuuuuuch.

Then again, the pool went in last summer which means staycations might be the future.
We sat down as a family last time and the (little at the time) kids got an equal vote. Start taking vacations or spend that money on a pool. It was 4-0 for the pool. I only had 3 of them complaining that we didn't take vacations for years 2 -7 of the pool loan. 🤦‍♂️.

We decided again after moving to do the same. When it got held up for a year and they wanted to finally start, I gave the fam one last out. Speak up now or forever hold your peace, we got used to living without a pool, maybe it's time for vacations, blah blah blah. They all wanted to forge ahead. Something tells me they will not keep up their end of the deal. Just a hunch.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfepack88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got bad news for you about gas prices. :laughblue:

I was just happily paying $4.47 for 93 because it wasnt $4.97 and saw $6.27 for diesel. Ouuuuuuuuch.

We sat down as a family last time and the (little at the time) kids got an equal vote. Start taking vacations or spend that money on a pool. It was 4-0 for the pool. I only had 3 of them complaining that we didn't take vacations for years 2 -7 of the pool loan. 🤦‍♂️.

We decided again after moving to do the same. When it got held up for a year and they wanted to finally start, I gave the fam one last out. Speak up now or forever hold your peace, we got used to living without a pool, maybe it's time for vacations, blah blah blah. They all wanted to forge ahead. Something tells me they will not keep up their end of the deal. Just a hunch.

Tell me about it, I thought about trading in my car for a diesel pick-up (never owned a pickup but for some reason started to see it might be useful) and looked at the Ram 1500 diesel. Then on the way home drove by gas station and saw diesel over $6 a gallon and was like, hmm that break even point to make sense might just have gone out the window. Climate folks and US car companies just about killed diesel as an option (non trucking). Staycations in the future!!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.