Air valve leak: solved!

jstone76

Apr 8, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
We have an Intex pool and the air valve was leaking when the pump wasn't running. It took us a loooong time to figure out that there is a cap for this valve. Said cap was included in our shipment but does not appear anywhere in the manual for the pool. Luckily we hung onto it and saw someone post about it on this forum. Here's the link if you need to order a new one: 12373, Air Jet Valve Cap

Reactions: Newdude
We have an Intex pool and the air valve was leaking when the pump wasn't running. It took us a loooong time to figure out that there is a cap for this valve. Said cap was included in our shipment but does not appear anywhere in the manual for the pool. Luckily we hung onto it and saw someone post about it on this forum. Here's the link if you need to order a new one: 12373, Air Jet Valve Cap
Hi jstone,

Is your air jet valve still leaking, if you remove the cap and the pump is off?
I experience the same problem, and I am wundering what to do, to stop the valve from leaking, even when the pump is off.
Ofcource I have to check the valve and the O-ring - but it is brand new (2 days), why I expect everything to be ok.
A friend of mine has the same pool, and her air jet valve is not leaking, when her pump is turned off.
It drives me nuts!

I had the same issue. I bought the pool brand new early spring of this year and it had the aerator valve. It didn’t leak for the first 2 months of using the pool. Then I noticed a consistent stream of water dripping down from the valve everytime I turned my pump off. I originally thought that maybe that’s why we have the little black cap, but it didn’t make sense because my pump had a timer, so it defeats the purpose if I have to be present to plug up the aerator everytime my pump would automatically shut off. So the leak was definitely not normal.

I ended up taking the aerator off the valve, and looked for any blockage or damage. Turns out I had some debris stuck in there. After I removed the debris with a small screw driver, I pushed some water through the valve with a hose in hopes of flushing out anything else stuck in there. Put the aerator back into its spot on the inlet valve and voila! No more leaking!

Hope this helps!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.