Air stuck?!? Filter pressure reading is off!

Oct 17, 2017
Katy texas
What does this mean? My black line is past my red one. I used a manual pool vac and attached it to my skimmer and I think air got sucked into the filter. Is this why this this is happening?

Do I need to turn off my pump?

I did that several days ago so I’m a little worried I’ve done damage to my system?

Thanks. Worried newbie Here.

Attachments

• 40FAB897-52CF-41C5-A0CE-54B820D72B07.jpeg
    40FAB897-52CF-41C5-A0CE-54B820D72B07.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 12
The thin black needle is your actual pressure. The green and red are adjustable by you. Green is the "clean" pressure after rinsing the filter. The red is placed where you want it, ideally when the pressure is expected to be about 20-25% higher than the clean/green needle. They are simply visual aids to let you know ... "Uh oh, time to clean."

If you've never actually recorded your clean pressure, I would do that first, then place the green needle at that starting point. Do the 20-25% math thing so you know where to place the red needle. As for air in the system, there really shouldn't be any. Occasionally we need to "burp" small amounts of air from the filter tank via a purge valve or in some cases the gauge itself (if made that way), but that's about it. If you had a troubling amount of air in the system, you would probably notice it at the pump basket under the clear lid. There would be lots of bubbles, a water drop in that basket, and/or difficulty maintaining prime. If none of those are an issue, you may simply have a dirty filter is all. But if you encounter anything odd, let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.