Air leak?

Very good! :goodjob: I'm glad you posted that pic. It looks better to me. Still cloudy of course, but I do see change. That's important to know. I also think the reevaluation of the CYA is crucial and could be a turning point for you. Great update. Keep us posted over the weekend. Progress is good. :)

Good morning!

Quick update. Pic attached

Lost few ppm’s Of fc overnight.

Cc came in at 0.5 last night and still reads 0.5

Fc is currently 22 with cya of 40.

Well above the slam limit. Measured twice this morning with no change in fc.

Attachments

• F805DB09-FE69-4CD9-A3AF-CCC24574BBB1.jpg
    F805DB09-FE69-4CD9-A3AF-CCC24574BBB1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 36
Okay, not a lot of change in clarity but the CCs did fall a little. Stick with it. Brush everywhere to break-up biofilms around the pool, inspect anything in the water that can be a haven for algae or stagnant water. Make sure you have good water flow with the pump 24/7 and watch the pressure gauge for 25% increase backwash time. That water has got to be getting close to flipping a switch.

Hi, Champ! It’s slowly improving... good job!

Noticed that earlier in the thread you mentioned you are backwashing two or three times a day. Is your pressure increasing before you backwash? If not, you are BWing too frequently, and that could affect how long it takes for the water to clear. A slightly dirty sand filter actually works better, because the dirt creates smaller spaces that catches more tiny debris.

Sand filters will clear a cloudy pool, it just takes them longer.

Hi, Champ! It’s slowly improving... good job!

Noticed that earlier in the thread you mentioned you are backwashing two or three times a day. Is your pressure increasing before you backwash? If not, you are BWing too frequently, and that could affect how long it takes for the water to clear. A slightly dirty sand filter actually works better, because the dirt creates smaller spaces that catches more tiny debris.

Sand filters will clear a cloudy pool, it just takes them longer.

Thanks kelly!

My gauge might be busted.. or I’ve never let it filter long enough to have the pressure rise? It is new sand, to your point, I should probably let it run some time before Backwashing.

My plan was to brush, stir up whatever fine particles have settled then backwash shortly After.

No need to backwash every time you brush unless you notice pressure go up 25%, or you see s decrease in water flow.

Does your gauge drop to zero whe; pump is off?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey! I’m back.. as you may have guessed, water cleared up- on day 24.

Since then we’ve had a string of 90 degree and sunny weather.. then one random thunderstorm yesterday.

Well that thunderstorm caused some cloudiness to come back after 1 day. I can’t see the bottom anymore. So I guess it’s baxk to slam’ing!

During a pool store visit to test chemistry, I noticed my phosphates were over 500+. I know with the right chlorine levels, phosphates are meaningless. But I’m guessing my fc dropped low enough where the high phosphates triggered the cloudiness.

Should I do something to treat the phosphate levels? Rain storms are sporadic and I won’t be able to add LC after every storm...

Any recommendations?

Really no need to mess with phosphates unless you just want to spend the $$. The chlorine will take care of the algae, and since it just happened things should resolve themselves fairly quickly. Generally though, a typical rain storm shouldn't be solely responsible for causing a SLAM. We get downpours in buckets and my water is crystal afterwards. Might just need to validate the FC range to ensure it's strong enough for your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.